From Ben Wheeler, Texas, USA:

My 8 1/2 year old little girl is about 50 inches tall, but only weights 42 pounds. In the last two weeks, I have noticed that she always says she is thirsty. She is shaky and she has been taking naps. She has not taken naps since she was about 5. She also says she her belly hurts a lot. I have a family history of type 2 and my husband's parents have a history of type 2. I also had diabetes while I was pregnant with her. Could she now have diabetes also? Do I need to take her to the doctor?

I would suggest taking her to her pediatrician to discuss your concerns. This could represent diabetes -- but easily could represent other illness also.