From the state of Washington, USA:

My 5 year old daughter has been diagnosed for over a year now. When we do her finger pokes, I notice when her blood is higher it comes out a lot faster than when she is lower. Does this happen to others also? Or does it just seem that way?

Good question. Maybe with the lows, she has some release of epinephrine, a hormone that cuses blood vessels to constrict. This is to protect in case one is injured. So it makes sense, less bleeding when low. Warm the fingers first, hang down to get gravity to help, all the stuff you've been taught.