From Augusta, Georgia, USA:

My father has diabetes type 2. I have an 11 month old and I had diabetes while pregnant. I had to take insulin. I have a 9 year old who weighs 100 pounds. I am concerned about her health. She always has sweaty hands and feet and her feet have a very strong odor. I am taking her to the doctor in 2 weeks to get checked. Do you know what tests she should have done? What causes the sweating and odor?

Being overweight is one of the strongest risk factors for type 2 diabetes when there is also a family history for diabetes. I advise you to do as much as you can to modify your daughter's eating habits towards weight reduction. Your doctor will evaluate whether just a blood sugar, or more tests like a GTT [glucose tolerance test] will be necessary (even though the GTT is seldom useful in youngsters).

Sweating has nothing to do with diabetes.