From Washington state, USA:

I had many complications with my gestational diabetes. While under medical supervision in the hospital I started having seizures. Then a week later I went into ketoacidosis. Once again all while in the hospital. How common is this with women who have gestational diabetes?

Seizures and ketoacidosis are very rare with just gestational diabetes. Without more details I can only speculate, but I wonder if you do not have some other underlying problem or preexisting diabetes rather than just gestational.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes