From Corbett, Oregon, USA:

How can I keep my blood sugars under control and lose weight?

Keeping weight down while staying in good control requires attention to what you are eating and the amounts you are eating as well as staying active -- getting 30 minutes of continuous exercise three to four days out of the week. A look at your blood glucose levels will also help -- are you getting low and having to treat the lows? Frequent lows can contribute to weight gain. Foods containing low fiber and high fat, even though they may have the correct amount of carbohydrate, will contribute to weight gain. The bottom line is you must burn the calories you take in to maintain your weight. If weight gain is a problem, be sure to check with your doctor to be sure you do not have any other issues causing weight gain. A visit with your dietitian may also be a good idea. Keeping a detailed (and truthful) food diary may give you some clues as well.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss