From Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

I am aged 51 and have had type 1 diabetes for 2 years. I read your website often but find the units used for glucose measurement confusing. In Canada as in many other countries we use the international system of measurement for glucose blood parameters (mmol/L). Do you think that glucose levels could be expressed in both sets of units so that international visitors to your web site could better relate to the questions and answers?

We make an effort to include both mg/dl and mmol/L measurements in answers to questions we post. The US uses mg/dl, while most of the rest of the world uses mmol/L.

Conversion is mg/dl = 18 times the value in mmol/L. Thus 72 mg/dl = 4 mmol/L.

Also, we have a Blood Sugar Converter for those of you that would like to bookmark it.