From Texas, USA:

My brother is 47 years old and was diagnosed at age nine. He has never been able to tell when his blood sugar is dropping. He has recently been in a car wreck due to an insulin reaction. He lives alone. Is there a device that will alarm when the glucose level is dropping?

I am not sure which ones will have a built in alarm, but there are several devices in various stages of development which will give continuous monitoring. Check out this web site for more info.

However, there are reasons why someone does not have awareness, such as running the blood glucose very tightly. It is worth him contacting his diabetes team about this, as hypo unawareness is important to deal with. The diabetes team may be able to help deal with it.