Question:

From New York, USA:

My daughter has had type I diabetes since she was 18 months old, and is in wonderful, tight control. She will be a high school senior this fall, and we are looking at colleges. I am looking for scholarships and other moneys to assist with tuition costs. I am a single parent on a tight budget. Can you help us find the right resources?

Answer:

Each year, Lilly offers scholarships to young men and women who have diabetes. Information about the scholarship program is available on the Lilly web site at http://diabetes.lilly.com/01-leadership/scholarship.shtml.

Note: As of September 2001, this link is no longer working.

JSH