From Dallas, Texas, USA:

My 6 year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 37 months. Her Hemoglobin A1c runs between 6.8 and 8.3 percent. Last month, while playing with her sister one afternoon, she could not stand on her left leg. We took her to the emergency room thinking it might be broken, but over the next hour she couldn't move anything on the left side of her body. I tested her blood sugar and it was 136 mg/dl (7.6 mmol/L). About 5 hours later, she started to move again, but felt very weak. The ER ran a CAT scan and several other tests, but could find nothing wrong. They thought she might have had a temporary TIA. If this is true, is this common in young people with diabetes? Since she has had this happen, is she more likely to have a stroke later in life?

Occasionally, this can happen with severe hypos, but it doesn't seem the glucose was that low. It may be unrelated to diabetes, and caused by something else. You should get more info from the physicians who saw your daughter, or your paediatrician.