From Kentucky, USA:

Could you provide a list of vitamin supplements that would be of benefit to people with type 1 diabetes? I have read that Vitamin E is good for prevention of eye complications. Are there others that would help maintain health?

I am not aware of any vitamins that have been specifically shown to be of benefit. I think a lot of evidence is not concrete.

It is important that above all any person with diabetes is on a well balanced healthy diet with minimal fat, refined sugar, high in fibre, and with adequate amounts of carbohydrate. If you are on a balanced diet with fresh fruit and vegetables, then I believe that vitamin supplements are not necessary.

The best way of avoiding complications in diabetes is to have glucose control as normal as possible.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations