From Ireland:

I have a five-and-one half year old son who was diagnosed with diabetes one-and-one-half years ago. His blood sugar levels are generally very good and his averages are also very good, but, lately, he keeps complaining about "pins and needles" in his feet and hands, and says that his arms and legs hurt. At first I put it down to growing pains, or bad sitting positions, but he is beginning to mention it more and more. It is not inhibiting his activity or his mood, but should I be concerned? Is it related to his diabetes?

Neuropathy is extremely rare in children, and it is unlikely that the symptoms your child has is related to his diabetes. However, if it is occurring frequently, it is best to have him checked out by your doctor.