From Livingston, New Jersey, USA:

Do you think my child's diabetes will ever be cured? What meter do you recommend for him?

I am very hopeful and optimistic that science will find a cure for type 1 diabetes. The recent work from Edmonton, Canada is very exciting, and the recent publication of the human genome has great potential. I also believe that it will be many years before there is a cure for type 1 that is safe enough to be used in children.

We've reviewed many blood glucose meters. Any of the recommended meters would be fine. I suggest you look at the reviews and find one that has the features that best meet your son's needs. Also, you may wish to ask your son's doctor about the meters that are supported by the office's computers.

Posted to Research: Cure and Blood Tests and Insulin Injections