Question:

From Ohio, USA:

My husband is 37 and has had type 1 diabetes since he was 11. Recently, he experienced nausea, along with calf cramps and a sore neck. His doctor said he may have had low blood sugar, however, it happened before he took his morning shot of 70/30 insulin. He also said he did not feel low. It did go away after some time and did not return. I am worried about blocked arteries. Should we worry about the leg and neck ache?

Answer:

I think the symptoms your husband experienced weren't related to blood sugar, either high or low, if they did go away and did not return. Relax and don't be too anxious about blocked vessels: that problem doesn't show this kind of symptomatology.