From Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada:

My boyfriend is 28 years old. I strongly suspect that he has type 2 diabetes with extreme hyperglycemia. I have no experience with diabetes, but there is something really wrong with his health. As a young child, when he was given a sugary food, he would become extremely hyperactive -- almost uncontrollable -- then he would just burn out and pass out. He would develop large boils on his abdomen due to sugar consumption.

Since I have known him (two years), he gets tired real fast. At one point, I suspected that he had a mild-moderate case of narcolepsy, but, now I am suspecting hyperglycemia. He is always thirsty and urinates frequently. His wounds sometimes heal slowly, and he has very dry skin. He gets headaches a fair bit and used to get migraines almost everyday as a child.

He has never been considered over-weight. He weighs about 180 pounds and is about six feet tall. He usually eats exceedingly large helpings at dinner time and, after he is done eating, he just wants to pass out.

Do you think he should be tested for diabetes and hyperglycemia?

Yes, he should review these symptoms with his physician. His physician may elect to test him for diabetes or other problems that could be contributing to his symptoms.