Question:

From Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA:

My seven year old son is always complaining of constant thirst and hunger and urinates frequently. I don't see how he can possible be hungry 20 minutes after a large breakfast full of protein. i have never seen a child eat as frequently as mine or go to the bathroom as much as he does. We can't even get through a 2 hour movie without him making at least four to six trips to the bathroom. My cousin died at age 17 from kidney failure due to undiagnosed type 1 diabetes (30 years ago) and my mother was recently diagnosed with type 2. Would it be a good idea to have him tested for diabetes?

Answer:

Yes -- I would suggest promptly having him tested for diabetes. He currently has many of the classic symptoms of diabetes.