From Mound Valley, Kansas, USA:

My 14 week-old son recently had some blood work done and he has elevated liver enzymes. The doctor is unsure of the cause because he tested negative for hepatitis. I did some research of my own and read that diabetes can be a possibility for his enzyme count being elevated. At birth, his blood sugar level was too low (it was fine a few hours later), but he hasn't been checked since then. I'm worried about this because, even though I don't have diabetes, it runs in my family.

I can't imagine that it is diabetes. Surely, he had a glucose level measured. I have seen some type 2 patients with elevated liver function tests, but the diabetes was usually poorly controlled. I doubt this is the issue here.