From Manlius, New York, USA:

My five year old daughter was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. We want to get her a medical ID bracelet as soon as possible. She likes the neoprene ID bands because they are sporty and colorful. The ones we have seen from the Fifty50 Pharmacy have a small EMS symbol and "DIABETES" written on a tag near the buckle. Are you familiar with these and do you think that the tag is large enough for people to find in case of an emergency?

I am familiar with the Sport Designs medical ID bands. While traditional medical identification products, such as the Medic Alert metal bracelet, may be more common and familiar, many new products have been introduced in recent years. I suspect that emergency medical staff are aware of the new products and routinely check for bracelets and necklaces. As long as the medical identification is large enough to be seen and obvious against the background of the product, it should be fine.

The big advantage of products like the Sport Designs bracelet is that kids will wear it. The best product is useless if no one uses it.

See Medical Identification Products for other products.