Question:

From Jasper, Texas, USA:

I'm 12 and got diabetes when I was five. I have red spots on my legs. They are very sensitive and are really ugly. Are they related to my diabetes?

Answer:

There are some skin conditions that can be troublesome for people with diabetes. The two most common are called diabetic dermopathy and necrobiosis lipoidica. However, these are more common with longstanding diabetes.

I'm unsure what your red spots may represent without examining them. I would encourage you to bring them to the attention of your physician if they continue to be a problem for you.