From Utah, USA:

I am 31 years old, 6 feet 0 inches tall, and weigh 200 pounds. I was diagnosed about a month ago with type 2 diabetes, but only found out this past week that I was "anti-ica512 positive" (0.57), but GAD negative. I had been on a sulfonylurea diabetes pill, in combination with three miles per day of jogging, and a 2000 calorie diet. I read that sulfonylureas can be destructive to the pancreas in type 1 diabetes and stopped taking the pill. My pre-meal tests are still in the 80 to 90s mg/dl (4.4 to 5s mmol/L) and my post-meal readings get as high as 140 to 150 mg/dl (7.8 to 8.3 mmol/L). I am very motivated and not afraid of insulin. I am obviously in the honeymoon stage. What do you feel my treatment should consist of to best preserve my pancreas. Or, is that not possible?

We don't know if it is possible in folks with type 1 diabetes. In the The United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study, the islet cell "poop-out" occurred at the same rate in all the participants, whether on diet/exercise, sulfonylureas or a non-sulfonylurea pilled called metformin. If there were any one thing that seems to help pancreatic poop-out, it would be to maintain normal glucose control by keeping your blood glucose levels in the goal range, which sounds like what you are doing. By the way, being ICA-positive makes you a type 1 in the making.