From South Bend, Indiana, USA:

I have diabetes and I am a vegetarian. My cholesterol is high. I need a vegetarian menu -- no meat, no fish, no fowl and low fat.

Since eating a vegetarian diet requires a good deal of planning, I would suggest you meet with a dietitian who is familiar with vegetarianism and diabetes. This is often a little difficult to do. You may need to ask your health care team if they know of anyone who can help you. A website you might try is the American Dietetics Association at and the Diabetes Care and Education practice group at