From Connecticut, USA:

My three year old grandson has had type 1 diabetes since age one and one-half. He has an ear infection for the past month. My grandson lives in another state.

He had the one pill a day, no help. He had amoxicillin which helped in the beginning, but it came back while he was on the medicine. From one ear infection, he developed two then back and forth to three or four different medicines. He wakes up screaming of pain, no matter what medicine he has been on so far. Do you have any answers?

Caring for chronic ear infections is best done by a pediatrician. They can help direct you to appropriate ways of treating infected ears. It is especially important to have good follow-up with his pediatrician when ears become "chronically" infected. Eventually, if the infection or fluid doesn't clear, they may recommend having a small tube put into the eardrum to help drain the fluid.