From Pennsylvania, USA:

My 11 year old daughter has had type 1 diabetes for three years and is using an insulin pump. She has a resistance to insulin and tends to be on the high side. Her nurse suggested that we use a download program to monitor her blood sugar results. We tested Mellitus Manager which downloads information from her MiniMed pump and her brand of meter. We don't know anyone who has used this program on a regular basis and would like your input.

I have used it a lot. Right now I don't think it is Y2K compliant -- can't get it to download. Its advantage is multiple meter and pump capability. Disadvantage is the way it forces sugars into columns of defined time periods rather than listing the data for you.

Additional comments from Dr. Donough O'Brien:

There are over 150 patients on the pump at this center and none of them use Mellitus Manager. Why not try the chat groups or bulletin board to see if you can team up with other users.

[Editor's comment: We reviewed Mellitus Manager some time ago and found it to be quite good. JSH]