My 16 year old son has had diabetes since the age of five. It has been a long road for him and myself. He is in the 11th grade and during the last three years, he has smoked, drinks and all the bad things. Now, he is in trouble with the law. What do I do?

Please check the archives of Children With Diabetes for answers relating to managing the teen years and diabetes. So many others have walked in your shoes and you may be able to pick up some helpful information there. Also, look into finding a local counselor with chronic disease management skills for your child and for yourself.

A parents' group would really help you out.

Posted to Behavior