From Calgary, Alberta, Canada:

I am 18 years old and living with my fiance. I weigh 150 pounds and am 5 foot 5 inches tall. I was diagnosed a year ago with diabetes and my doctor does not know what type I am. How do I cook meals that are both healthy for me and tasteful for my fiance? He is willing to do whatever is necessary to help me.

By following a healthy diet which includes fruits, vegetables, protein, milk and small amounts of fats and sweets you can achieve good blood glucose control and maintain good taste. There are really no restricted foods, all things in moderation. If you are familiar with the Food Guide Pyramid, you will notice fats and sweets are the smallest part of the pyramid.

You do not mention if you have visited with a dietitian about meal planning. I believe an appointment with a dietitian would be very beneficial. There are also good books available from the American Diabetes Association regarding meal planning along with recipe books.