From Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

I'm a 16 year-old who has type 1 diabetes since I was nine. I used to have excellent control, with Hemoglobin A1c's of 6.1%. However, since I finished a six month trial of inhaled insulin, I have lost my control. I am worried about side effects especially because recently I have lost sensation in the last digit of my fingers. What should I do?

I think it isn't likely that the inhaled insulin has had anything to do with this. I have patients in the trials, too, and they seem to be doing great. Seems you need to just get back with your team and start over. The sensation in the fingers should be reported to the team. Don't give up.

Posted to Research: Other