From Maine, USA:

I have two sons who were both diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last summer. The older one is 14 and the younger is 11. They were each provided with different models of meters with memory for blood sugar values. During our most recent visit to the endocrinologist, we observed (for the first time) that they were able to download the data from all of these meters. I was able to determine that there's at least one product performs this function, but all of the others listed did not indicate that they would read from the brand we have. Are there any other alternative products available?

Several programs download from meters. I list, describe, and link them all at On-line Diabetes Resources, Part 13: Software. See also Software for Glucose Control.