From Michigan, USA:

Am I being a hypochondriac mother or should I be concerned about my nine year old daughter? Recently she wet the bed -- something she has never done -- and has a history of waking at night to urinate (maybe 2-3 times a week.) On the other hand, she does not have excessive thirst or hunger, is not losing weight, and is not fatigued. Actually, she's the picture of health. She urinates maybe five or six times a day during waking hours.

My husband and my pediatrician seem to think I'm unduly worried about this, and I do tend to worry a lot -- my own mother developed IDDM at the age of 35, so perhaps I'm overly sensitive! Should I just wait until my daughter's next routine check-up to have her urine checked, or should I schedule a visit with her pediatrician?

No, I don't think you are overreacting. You should have your daughter checked out by her pediatrician. In addition to diabetes, make sure she is checked for a urinary tract infection.