From Georgia, USA:

When I was very young, I was having to urinate about every five minutes (or so it seemed). My aunt took me to the doctors and he said I was having a sugar problem and he gave me some pills that helped (stopped my constant urination). Well, I am now 36 years old, and I have been having problems (they come and go) for the last three years. My symptoms are tiredness, eyes have been getting worse and swollen lymph nodes. Also, starting at the age of 18, I would periodically pass out for no apparent reason. I thought children grew out of diabetes. The only reason that I am asking your opinion about this is because I have just learned from my family members that my blood mother has diabetes as did my grandmother. My doctors have run all kinds of tests on me. Cancer, HIV, lymphoma, heart, etc., all negative. I never mentioned to them about my childhood sugar problem or family history -- again because I thought a child grows out of this. Do children grow out of this?

I am not clear about what was wrong with you when you were younger, but it wasn't diabetes. Children do not "grow out of diabetes."

I would suggest you tell your doctor about the history, but I don't think it is related to your present problem.