From Australia:

What are the possible consequences of late diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in an infant?

I'm not sure what you mean by "late". I'm assuming that the diagnosis wasn't made until the infant was critically ill, which is usually the case in diagnosing infants. Unless the child suffered some neurological injury due to shock or complications of the immediate treatment, there should be no long term consequences.

Good luck, and if you have time, surf this website for lots of helpful information and to "meet" others from around the world with infants with diabetes.