From Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada:

I'm trying to find information on the use of metformin (Glucophage) in the prevention of type 2 diabetes in women with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). The information I have is from my doctor and my pharmacist. My mother's father had diabetes, and my older brother may have it. My maternal grandmother may have had PCOS, and one aunt and three cousins may have it; I definitely do.) Can you help?

You can use PubMed or a medical literature database (try your local library) look up "metformin" and "polycystic ovary". There are several articles published on this topic. Most are about using metformin to reduce insulin resistance in women with PCO in an effort to improve regularity of menstrual cycles, increase ovulation and reduce the level of androgenic hormone production.