Question:

I have been on the pump for three years, and my biggest problem is that I get a rash around any tape that I use to keep my infusion set in place. I have talked to my doctor and several others also, and I still break out in an awful rash, that ends up looking like a burn. I have tried every tape on the market. If you or any other pumpers have any suggestions, I would be very grateful.

pilar2@gate.net

Answer:

It seems to me that your are having an allergic reaction to the adhesive. You might get help by consulting an allergist and/or dermatologist. There are several things you can use on your skin to create a barrier between it and the tape. I believe that either of these specialists should be able to help.

SS

DTQ- ONCRM20000731
Posted to Insulin Pumps