From New Jersey, USA:

I have a 14 year old daughter diagnosed two years ago with type 1. Two months later, she tested positive for mono. Two years later, she still has no energy. Her blood tests have all come out negative since. She has her blood sugars under control. She can do no extra activity without being exhausted. She was a competing gymnast and has never regained the energy. Could this be diabetes related? Does mono have an effect on people with diabetes that could last this long? Any other suggestions on tests we could have run? She is tired of hearing it takes a long time to get over mono, and she is starting to lose it.

I would ask her doctor if her thyroid levels have been checked. An underactive thyroid is common in diabetes and can cause fatigue. Unfortunately, mono can last a long time (unrelated to diabetes) and can lead to chronic fatigue also.