From Lancaster, New York, USA:

For the past couple of days I have been having pains in my lower abdomen. I have very frequent urination, sometimes up to two to three times an hour. Every time I get up from lying down, my vision gets very blurred and I have sort of a dizzy feeling. My mouth gets severely dry a lot of the time, and, although I am trying to lose weight using SlimFast, I am losing about five pounds a week, whereas I should only be losing one or two. I'm using the plan correctly.

I am 19 years old with no history of diabetes in the family. I am going in for surgery next week to have cysts and polyps removed from my sinuses, and I am also currently on steroids for the problem. Could this be diabetes or is the medicine a possible factor?

You need to have your blood sugar level checked.

Could the steroids be a factor in causing elevated sugar levels? Yes, they do raise glucose. Nevertheless, before surgery you need answers. Call your doctor.