Question:

In your responses to chromium use in type 1 diabetics, you don't recommend usage. I have type 1 diabetes for 13 months and have been taking chromium for a year. I have always kept careful records on how many micrograms of chromium lower my blood sugar, and adjust my insulin dosage accordingly. I take at most a couple of 200 mcg pills a week. I strictly limit its use. The chromium lowers my blood sugar around the same number of mg/dl each time I take it. In your responses to chromium use in type 1 diabetes, you don't recommend usage.

Why is it okay for type 2 and not for type 1 just because research studies haven't been performed? Just because research studies haven't been performed on this for type 1 doesn't mean they couldn't benefit from it too.

Answer:

I am unaware of any new evidence that chromium has a place in the treatment of Type 1 diabetes. I would suggest you search this site for previously posted information about chromium.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations