From Austin, Texas, USA:

I am 30 years old and have had type 1 diabetes for 17 years. I moved to Texas seven months ago, and, since then, I have lost 45 pounds (205 to 160 pounds ) without dieting. I'm 6 feet 1 inch tall and my weight seems to continue to decrease. Why would this be? Other than weight loss (and feeling my body get more 'bony') I seem to feel relatively healthy.

Weight loss in person with a type 1 diabetes may be due to relative insulin deficiency (but if this is the case glucose must be heavily present in the urine). Furthermore, other symptoms of insulin deficiency should be present such as weakness, increased frequency of urination also at night, large urine volumes, dry skin and mouth, blurred sight. You are feeling well so I'd rather exclude high blood sugar whilst I'd investigate thyroid function. You'd better ask quickly your diabetes team and/or your doctor for how to ascertain the cause of your weight loss.