From Michigan, USA:

Two days, ago a person at work, who has diabetes, did my blood sugar level and it was 17. This was 3 hours after eating. Ten minutes later, he re-took it and it was 14. Today he took my level again, between breakfast and lunch it was 10. I went and ate lunch, one and one-half hours later, we did my level and it was 25. From the first time he took it, I've increased my carbohydrate intake, I had eaten 60 carbos over what I should've had to in the above lunch, and the level was still only 25. I've called doctors' offices and can't get in for a week, everyone keeps telling me that I need to see a doctor and that I should be in a coma. I can't get in to see a doctor so what can I do to get my sugar level up to normal?

This is either a bad joke, a meter measuring in millimoles/liter, or a bum meter.

[Editor's comment: On the other hand, if the meter was reading in mmol/liter, the values are too high to be normal. See the Children with Diabetes Blood Sugar Converter to do the math for you. WWQ]