From Faridabad-Haryana, India:

My three year old daughter has had type 1 diabetes for about a year. She is getting two types of insulin: Human Monotard [Lente] (always) and Actrapid [Regular] (need based) twice a day using syringes. I want to shift her to insulin pens. Using syringes, I can adjust the insulin contents even in between divisions, i.e., between one unit. I feel it is not possible in a insulin pen whose least count is one unit. Secondly, I am told that the cartridge for Monotard is not available and that I should use Insulatard [NPH] instead. What should be done to shift to insulin pens?

My suggestion would be to use a 30 unit syringe, using one syringe for both insulins. In the United States, Wal-Mart sells a syringe that is calibrated to half units. If you must have a pen and two injections try to get hold of the B-D Mini pen, which can deliver a half unit.