From Lee's Summit, Missouri, USA:

I have has type 1 diabetes for 21 years. My nine year old son, who has not been diagnosed with diabetes, recently had a serum blood glucose level of 132 mg/dl [7.3 mmol/L]. This test was not a fasting test, but was done about two hours after he had his last meal. I know that the range for a person who does not have diabetes should be 65-109 mg/dl [3.6-6 mmol/L]. Is it unusual for a person who does not have diabetes to have such a variance?

I can certainly understand your concern but you son's blood glucose level after eating is within normal limits. If you are worried about his risk of developing type 1 diabetes, I would recommend you look into the DPT-1. All of your first degree relatives could participate in this very important research.