Question:

From Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA:

My six year old daughter is has been complaining of itching after she urinates and is scratching herself. I have also noticed that her appetite is changing, and when I brush her hair, I notice that a lot of it is coming out, more than usual. One of my friends said that is what happened to her when she was diagnosed with diabetes. Are these symptoms?

Answer:

They can be symptoms associated with diabetes. However. the most common symptoms are thirst, toiletting frequently and weight loss. If you are worried, a simple sugar test will answer the question and allay your concerns.

JS