From Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA:

My six year old daughter is has been complaining of itching after she urinates and is scratching herself. I have also noticed that her appetite is changing, and when I brush her hair, I notice that a lot of it is coming out, more than usual. One of my friends said that is what happened to her when she was diagnosed with diabetes. Are these symptoms?

They can be symptoms associated with diabetes. However. the most common symptoms are thirst, toiletting frequently and weight loss. If you are worried, a simple sugar test will answer the question and allay your concerns.