Two months ago, we found out our five year old son is allergic to sugar. Should we be concerned with juvenile diabetes? If so, how can I get his doctor to order tests? she wasn't happy that I wanted her order blood work. We took him to an allergist. Could you please respond? I feel that, when a five year old child does not want to go outside to play and falls asleep sitting on the toilet, that there's a problem somewhere!

Without knowing a lot more about what exactly you mean by, "allergic to sugar" and about what sugars are involved, I would not want to make any suggestions about the symptoms you describe, except to say that I think it is exceedingly unlikely that they are due to diabetes.