From Alpena, Michigan, USA:

My son is two and one-half year old son has had diabetes a year. He is having a hard time with injections and fighting it. Any suggestions on how to make it the most postive experience as possible?

The problem you describe is very common in children of this age. If you are not using it already, you might try using the Inject-Ease®. This works very well for small children. I would recommend using a reward system for not fighting the shot. Try not to focus (although, I know it is difficult) on his "bad" behavior as this reinforces it. You might also try play therapy using a large syringe for painting, giving a stuffed animal a shot, etc. If you are uncertain as to how to do this, you might ask your diabetes team for a referral to a play therapist.