From Tulare, California, USA:

I am 15 and have had type 1 diabetes since I was six months old. I am taking Regular and NPH, both at breakfast and at dinner. My blood sugar level seems to be higher when I wake up in the morning. Is there some way I can adjust my insulin intake to help lower my blood sugar level?

Try to split the dinner mixture of Regular and NPH: take the Regular insulin before dinner (injected into the abdomen and the arms only) and postpone the NPH to bedtime into the buttocks only.

Be sure to discuss this with your diabetes team.

[Editor's comment: You might want to talk to your diabetes team about a more intensive insulin regimen or an insulin pump. Check out Is pumping for you? for more information. SS]