From Kingston, Georgia, USA:

My 10 year old daughter has type 1 diabetes. Would nutrition bars such as Glucerna and Extend be helpful in maintaining her blood sugar level or will they tend to cause it to be high in the morning if she eats a bar as a bedtime snack?

I believe the only way to find out is to try it. Many people have had very good luck with the Extend bars and Nitebites, especially if the child has problems going low in the night and waking up with a high rebound blood sugar. You might want to check a couple of 2 am blood sugars to see if this type of bar would be beneficial to your daughter's blood sugar control