Question:

From Valley Center, Kansas, USA:

I've recently tried the Humulin Pen. I used the NovoPen previously. I used Novofine needles that have an accuracy function check for 20 units. The Lilly pen does not seem to be as accurate or recommend function checks. I'm concerned about accuracy with Humalog, and, since the Lilly pen sometimes is over by one to three or under by one to three units. Three units of either way with lispro is scary. Should I buy lispro 1.5 cartridges and put it into my old NovoPen 1.5?

Answer:

I'm not sure where you have obtained your accuracy information, and I am certain that the manufacturers of pens would disagree with your figures. I think you need to discuss your findings with your team. It may be that your equipment is faulty.