Question:

From Ridgeway, Ontario, Canada:

I'm currently 16 years old and have had diabetes for 11 years. I'm looking into getting an insulin pump, but I would like to know approximately how long a pump lasts before it needs to be replaced.

Answer:

I can't really answer your question because I'm really not sure what it is you're asking. Insulin pumps can last many years, although, there are improvements and new models hitting the market rapidly. I believe that the warrantee is usually five years. I think a young person your age would benefit greatly from a pump and the flexibility it offers. Be sure to check our Is pumping for you? presentation elsewhere on this site.

SS

Posted to Insulin Pumps