Question:

From North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada:

Is there a meter that measures glucose level without the need of blood?

Answer:

You've asked a very important question, one that is on everyone's mind in the diabetes world. Currently, there is no usual type of meter on the market, available over the counter to patients, that tests blood sugar without blood. There are several, in different stages of research, and some may become available in the next few years.There is a Continuous Glucose Monitoring System available for use through a physician's office. This sensor does not give you, the user, blood sugar information. The results are stored in the memory and are printed out at the physician office. This is used for a short period of time to look at patterns of blood sugars and how current therapy is matching. You can find information about this at the MiniMed, website. I'm sorry I don't have better news for now, but the future looks very bright and exciting for products coming our way.

KS