From Mustang, Oklahoma, USA:

My three year old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about three months ago. Can you tell me about the CHIP program that Blue Cross/Blue Shield has?

The CHIP program is a nationally funded children's health insurance initiative. It is designed to provide insurance for children in families that do not qualify for the Medicaid program and do not have the means to provide health insurance for children. It is an excellent program for children that qualify. The program varies slightly from state to state. I would check with the Department of Health and Welfare in your community for more information -- or in some cases, with the insurance provider (in your case Blue Cross/Blue Shield) that is managing the program in your state.

Posted to Social Issues: Insurance/Costs