From Hyderabad, Andhrapradesh:

Can you give me some suggestions me on the usage of alternative medicines in reducing the blood sugar levels?

I'm unaware of any effective uses of alternative medicine in the treatment of diabetes at the present time.

[Editor's comment: Although there are several small studies that suggest some improvement in blood sugar levels with treatment with various herbs, standard therapy of diabetes does not include such alternative medications as a routine part of care. Routine care includes meal planning, exercise, stress control and exogenous insulin for people with Type 1 diabetes (and sometimes for other patients), and prescription pills that are well-established to have effectiveness to lower blood sugar for some patients with Type 2 diabetes. WWQ]

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations