Question:

From Hyderabad, Andhrapradesh:

Can you give me some suggestions me on the usage of alternative medicines in reducing the blood sugar levels?

Answer:

I'm unaware of any effective uses of alternative medicine in the treatment of diabetes at the present time.

[Editor's comment: Although there are several small studies that suggest some improvement in blood sugar levels with treatment with various herbs, standard therapy of diabetes does not include such alternative medications as a routine part of care. Routine care includes meal planning, exercise, stress control and exogenous insulin for people with Type 1 diabetes (and sometimes for other patients), and prescription pills that are well-established to have effectiveness to lower blood sugar for some patients with Type 2 diabetes. WWQ]

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations