Question:

From Kingston, Tennessee, USA:

My six year old son's best friend was diagnosed several months ago with type 1. Where can I find information on a good diet plan for when he comes for overnight visits?

Answer:

I applaud you for wanting to learn about your son's friend. The Food Guide Pyramid is a good guideline. However, you need to speak with his parents to find out what kind of meal planning they are doing. I am sure that they will be glad to give you any information you might want to use.

JM

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Other Social Issues