From Livermore Falls, Maine, USA:

I am 15 years old, and I have had diabetes for about three months. How do I do a carb count? I have read up about it and I know that carbs turn into sugar, but I don't know how to count my carbs.

I would highly recommend you find a dietitian who is familiar with children with diabetes. It is not possible to determine how many carbohydrates you should have or when you should eat them without more information about your treatment plan. Basically, a carbohydrate serving is equal to 15 grams of carbohydrate. What you need, however, is a meal plan telling you how many servings you should be eating for each meal and snack in order to provide consistency in your intake to help control you blood sugars. The meal plan is a very important part of taking care of your diabetes.

I am very impressed that you are seeking this knowledge. I hope you can find some help in your